We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Art Director to join us at ThirtyThree. As our New York office grows, we need someone who can use their knowledge and skillset to help our creative team scale with it. It’s an opportunity to shape the department and create some kickass work along the way. If you’re the type of person who sees an ad in your feed and immediately starts thinking about all the ways you’d do it better, this might be the job for you.
Got it. So, what is ThirtyThree?
Glad you asked. We’re an international employment marketing and communications agency with offices in New York, London, and Bristol. With a client list full of household names in industries ranging from technology and healthcare to professional services and travel, creating attention grabbing work is our M.O.
Our expertise is employer branding, employee engagement, and internal communications. What exactly is “employer branding?” To put it simply: we market organizations as employers to help them attract and retain the right people. It’s a unique advertising challenge that covers a broad range of media (film, print, social, digital, etc.) and demands strong, clever creative.
We’re also a group of fun-loving, smart, and happy people. That’s important to mention.
Cool. Tell me more about this role.
Happy to. First and foremost, you’re an art director. You’ll be tasked with creating inspiring and strategic conceptual ideas and designing beautiful work across a range of digital and traditional platforms. But, we also need you to be a dual threat: executor and manager. While you’ll certainly make amazing work, you’ll also help grow and mentor the creative team.
Speed, nimbleness, and pushing ideas to the limit is the name of the game here. It’s kind of like Top Gun, minus the jet fighters. And the motorcyles. And the volleyball scene. It’s actually nothing like Top Gun. You can wear leather jackets, though.
I love Top Gun. Give me more details.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Producing innovative creative ideas and effectively visualizing those concepts across all platforms
- Strategic thinking, but also quality execution
- Motivating the team and using your experience to show them the best way to work
- Solving creative problems within an achievable budget
- Working across clients to deliver stunning creative from concept to completion
- Presenting creative work to internal teams and clients
- Developing and sustaining client relationships
- New business pitches
- Collaborating with other departments
- Creating brand guidelines where necessary
- Bringing briefs to life with a total understanding of the audience
- Art directing and leading photo shoots/film shoots while managing both clients and third-party suppliers
- Contributing to the agency’s social platforms with relevant content
- Adding to the fun vibe in the office
I can do all of that. What do I need to have?
- 5-7 years of art direction and design experience
- A book full of big ideas and campaigns for impressive clients across a wide range of channels
- Expertise in the Adobe Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- The energy and desire to create award-winning work